AFDP Global team of expert advisers and Trustees announced
His Royal Highness Prince Ali Bin al Hussein has gathered together an impressive team who will support AFDP Global to achieve its ambition to have a global social impact through football.
Making up AFDP Global’s new Advisory Board are:
- Amanda Vandervort: Vice president of fan engagement at Major League Soccer, Amanda draws on over 20 years’ experience of leadership and innovation across multiple continents and all areas of the game
- James Johnson: the current head of professional football at FIFA, James has represented governing bodies, clubs and players internationally
- Jim Ellis: an established figure in sports administration and management, Jim has enjoyed a successful career in sports development, both in his native New Zealand and internationally
- Yuuichiro Nakajima: a senior adviser to a range of football governing bodies, including as a member of FIFA’s Audit and Compliance Committee, the Japan Football Association and various governance and finance committees of the Asian Football Confederation
Together, the Advisory Board bring together a unique wealth of experience in the world of football and sports business across Africa, Asia, Europe, the Americas and Australasia.
The above permanent members and selected guest members were hosted by Prince Ali and the AFDP Global management team at the inaugural Advisory Board meeting on Monday 8th October.
At the meeting, the management team outlined the future strategy for AFDP Global and ran an ideas session to gather views on their suggested strategic direction.
Prince Ali opened the meeting by outlining his vision for AFDP Global’s ambitious programme of work: “There are no limits on where we will go to deliver social impact through football. What matters is that we deliver an impact that is sustainable and transforms communities for generations to come.”
Guest members of the Advisory Board present on the day were:
- JF Cecillon, CEO: a leading director and CEO of organisations in a variety of fields, including music, publishing, gaming, live events, digital space and art
- Marion Vayson de Pradenne, CFO: a financial analysis executive with over 13 years’ experience of managing teams and clients internationally
- Paul Hijazin, Chair of the Board of Trustees: adviser to HRH Prince Ali who has achieved widespread success as a journalist for major international media outlets
- Rick Parry, Trustee: has held numerous top-level positions in football governance. Rick helped to establish the FA Premier League and for nine years, was Chief Executive of Liverpool Football Club
- Shimon Cohen, Director of Communications and Board Director: a leading media relations and reputation management specialist
Closing out a successful afternoon, His Royal Highness thanked attendees and looked forward to an exciting period of growth and development for AFDP Global: “with the support of this experienced and talented group, I am confident that AFDP Global is set for success. We are all committed to delivering more projects that benefit children and young adult across the world. Today marks the start of a new era as we work towards our ambitious goal of transforming and uniting communities through football.”